INAS #140 Colours of Fruit

 Good Morning,

Sorry I have been away, this has been the strangest summer!

The theme for International Art & Soul for this fortnight is "Colours of Fruit" This doesn't mean that you have to use fruit paper, just make your project in fruity colours. (Check out the blog to see what my DT Sisters have created).

I have had this strawberry paper forever so I decided to use it in my layout.


I haven't put pictures on my layout because I haven't decided to keep it or give it to a friend who recently had a baby girl.

I tried just putting the alphabets onto the strawberry paper but I discovered that they were barely readable so I cut out squares with my Recollections Square Punch, inked them with green ink and then placed the letters on top.




Here is a close up of the two pages.

To make the pie, I inked the top with light brown ink, then I embossed it to make it look less smooth.  The strawberry brad is something I have owned for years!  




I am entering this layout into the following challenges:

Creative Fingers - #236 - ATG

Moving Along with the Times - #145 - ATG


Thank you so much for stopping by, please visit International Art & Soul to see what my Design Team Sisters have created and then play along, it's always fun!



Hugs,




4 comments:

  1. Great to see you back and love the beautiful pages,fruit papers and brilliant pie
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're great Chriss, I love the pie too. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely spread Chriss - love the strawberries and cherries!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation, Chriss. The pie looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

― Fred Rogers