INAS #90 Inspired by a Book

Good Morning,

I hope that everyone is doing well.  We have a new challenge at International Art & Soul #90 "Inspired by a Book".  My project started with something my sister texted me.  A few weeks ago, we had a tornado go right over our heads, it really did sound like a freight train!  We didn't have much damage but there was damage all around us and lots of trees down so no electricity for two days.  If I don't have electricity, the modem doesn't work which means my cell phone doesn't work. So I can't receive phone calls or text.  I got this message from my sister who is 11 months younger than me:

"Hey Chriss, did the tornado get you?  I left you a text message and a voicemail message yesterday.  Please call me or respond to this message, I'm worried you got blown away to OZ!!!"

I was in such a grumpy mood but when the electricity came back on and I could read my text messages I just laughed and laughed at the idea of being blown away to Oz.  My sister can really make me laugh!

I started thinking about the book "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" have you read it?  The book is nothing like the movie at all.  There is actually a five book collection of stories of Oz, which I would love to own. Hey my birthday is coming up in September (hint, hint).  So here is my project.

So I decided to make an Oz Scrapbook.  This is very picture heavy so please grab a cup of coffee and tea and join me.


Here is the front of the album.  The paper is Graphic 45 "The Magic of Oz Collection".


I decided to start with the witch because that is how the book starts.


The next page is Dorothy.  Can you see that there is a pocket?  You can put all sorts of things in the pockets and then I left one page that can have photos taped on.  I also saved all the scraps so that they can be backing for the photos.


The Scarecrow, Lion and Tin Man.  Which is your favorite and why?


The wizard of oz!


I have all of the stamps so I decided to put them in the album so if I give it as a gift and someone wanted to cut out the stamps and color them, they could.



I put some ephedra on the spine.  The key to the city, a metal piece that says imagine and some red beads.


Here is the back of the album.  "Poppies will make you sleep."

I am entering this album into the following challenges:

https://thefairyandtheunicornchallenge.blogspot.com/2020/08/august-challenge.html
https://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2020/08/257-anything-goes-sentiment.html
https://art-journal-journey.blogspot.com/2020/08/pockets-and-tags.html
http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com/2020/08/craftyhazelnuts-patterned-paper-august.html
http://craftyanimals.blogspot.com/2020/08/challenge-41.html

Thank you so much for stopping by.  Please go to https://intaas.blogspot.com/ to see what my Design Team Sisters have created and then play along with us, it's always fun!

Hugs,
Chriss










18 comments:

  1. Fabulous pages Chriss, I love the Oz theme!
    Thanks for joining in with my theme at Art Journal Journey.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pages, lots of interest. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW absolutely stunning album Chriss above and beyond a DT make!!!Love all the pages,papers and stamps love the symbolic charms on the spine too-really well thought out and designed
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How scary to have a tornado go right above you. And lucky nothing happened. The weather this summer has been crazy for sure-I am north of you in New England. I love your Wizard of Oz page and those cool tags you've made. You certainly picked a great story with your own life and in general. Thanks for linking up your tag with us at Art Journal Journey. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing album Chriss - love what you have done, and how you have introduced the characters in it in the same order they appear in the book. Well done on a fabulous result
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fascinating book with all the pages, great idea to design it, I love this kind of Wizard of Oz page!
    Good thing nothing happened to you with the tornado!
    Stay safe
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Wizard of Oz and Graphic 45. This is a fabulous album. What did you use for the base of it? Was it one of the Graphic 45 albums? So glad you were safe from being blown away to Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous project. I loved the story behind it and glad that tornado didn't get you. What a lovely creative journey thank you for sharing your story !
    Thank you for entering our Challenge at
    AUD Sentiments
    this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Crafty hugs
    Debbie Maddock – DT AUD Sentiments
    My blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your scrapbook is beautiful and very detailed. I love everything about it and you must have really enjoyed making it. I can't remember reading the books but maybe my mother read them to me when I was very, very young as I did know the story so well even before I'd seen the film. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have picked the perfect book to go with your story and made a lovely scrapbook. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your page inspired by the book looks fantastic. Thank you for linking with Alison's theme at Art Journal Journey.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful book inspired project. Thank you for joining us at The Fairy and the Unicorn Fantasy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a gorgeous album. I've never read the book but the film was an absolute childhood favourite and the lion was my favourite of the three. I must add the book to my list as I'm intrigued to see the differences to a story I know so well. I'm so glad that you didn't end up in Oz for real too, lol! Thank you so much for joining in the Aud Sentiments Challenge, I hope we will see you again next time.
    Jenny (Aud Sentiments DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love \G45 - who doesn't? And what a lovely book you have made using the Wizard of Oz papers. Perfect for joining in with a tag and pocket challenge as at AJJ.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope I'm not too late for you to see this comment. I'm trying to play catch up after my internet was offline for nine days. Sorry to read about the tornado. I live in tornado alley and OZ (Kansas), too.

    I love your Wizard of Oz scrapbook. Who doesn't love G45? You did a fabulous job creating this and putting the special touches on each of the pages. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey. You make incredible art and I love the key to the city on the spine, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, such fabulous album!! Love the G45 papers you used, and the recipient will be happy to have some stamped image to colour, cut and use on the pages!

    ReplyDelete

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

― Fred Rogers