Dog Dayz of Summer

Good Morning my Friends,

I have been so busy this summer!  My husband went on a business trip last week and I thought it would give me time to work in my craft room but it didn't.  He leaves again tomorrow, I really hope I get a chance to have some fun in my craft room, I miss it!

When I saw this digital stamp I knew I had to get it!  It reminds me so much of growing up in the early 60's when we would just go wild in the summertime.  We didn't have air conditioning so as soon as we woke up we were outside playing.  We played a lot in the woods and in other kids backyards.  It seemed that every single house in the neighborhood had children living in them.  There were a few (what I considered old they were probably my age) couples in the neighborhood but mostly it was filled with children.



Yes, we drank from the hose (couldn't waste precious time by going inside to get a drink) and if a dog wanted to join in, he was welcome.

Notice that the dog's hair and the little boys hair are the same color?  I did that on purpose. I tried to give the dog a brindle looking coat and I made his muzzle gray because the grayer the muzzle is the sweeter the dog.  I love old dogs.

I colored the digital stamp with my copic markers. The background popsicle paper is from Echo Park Happy Summer "Sweet Treats) I put in a strip of washi tape and some a brad and some bling from my stash.

Here is a close up of the stamp:





Here is the inside of the card, I used Card TV "Bigger Everyday Sayings" for the stamp.




I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Gem of a Craft Challenge - Week 15 - ATG
C.R.A.F.T Challenge - #565 - Summer
Craft Rocket Challenge - #72 - for men/boys
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - #165 D is for Dog
Crafty Friends - #140 Happy Birthday
http://cutiepiechallenge.blogspot.com/2020/07/a-little-extra-cutie-ness-in-july.html


Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope you are enjoying your summer~

Hugs,





15 comments:

  1. I love this card Chriss. It also reminds me of my childhood growing up in suburban Philly. Playing outside all day and then catching fireflys or playing hide and seek at night til finally called in for bed. Those were the days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a fun card Chriss!! My mom actually took photos of my brother and me drinking out of hoses when were little, so this takes me way back. Love the way you colored the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous image and great colouring-love the B.paper-those were the days when you could play out safely without worrying
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello… Thanks for sharing your little boy & dog card with us. It's really beautiful and fits perfectly with our 'Happy Birthday' theme… Your card will certainly brighten someone's day! Gorgeous colouring too. Good luck in the draw and please join us next time at Crafty Friends.
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! LOVE that image and your coloring!! Thanks for joining us at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! ((HUGS)) Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! And ah, the good old days. :) Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, this would have been a typical scene in my neighborhood, not only drinking the water, but getting soaking wet with it and the dog shaking all over you. Wonderful memories, thanks and...just screams summer. Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a priceeless picture, yes this would have been my three and a husband, I remember on hot summer being chased around the house with hubby and the hose and three kids cheering him on. Yes we drank from the hose too. Thanks for the wonderful memories and a fabulous card. Thanks for playing along with D is for Dogs at the Sisterhood of snarky stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!
    Thanks for going to the dogs with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, well done! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket Challenges.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  11. :) How sweet and adorable!!! Love the image, great colouring!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is darling! I remember those hose drinking days of summer very well. (The water was usually hot but we didn't care. LOL!) Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Sisterhood this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job colouring. Thanks for being a part of the Sisterhoods dog pound.

    ReplyDelete

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

― Fred Rogers