First Snow

Good Morning,

Mo's Digital Pencil is having a challenge on her blog called #287 Something New! (With a Mo's Image).  As soon as I saw the challenge I knew what I would make.  I have seen this digital stamp  in Mo's store many times, it is called Kai in the Snow and it reminds me of my own daughter the first time she saw snow. (Something New!)

My daughter Kelly was about 18 or 19 months old when we woke up to snow!  I put her in her snow suit and took her outside.  She was amazed!  "This is snow, I said" Kelly answered me back "no?" "Snow, I said".  "no?" I tried to teach her how to put the S in front but finally gave up and called it no.  I was so young when I had my children, I was 22 when Kelly was born and so strong.  I put her on one of those old wooden sleds that had belonged to my husband when he was a boy and pulled her all around our neighborhood.  We watched children sledding, I taught her how to make a snowball and throw it, we had fun!  Then we came home and had hot tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.  Kelly called her daddy on the phone and tried to describe "no" to him,( I think she thought it was only at our house. )  It was a wonderful day.

Here is my card:



Here is a close up of the digital stamp:



Recipe for Card:

Mo's Digital Stamp - Kai in the Snow
Colored with Copic Markers
Paper - Dark Blue glitter paper and silver paper
Dies - Spellbinders Classical Scalloped Circles and Ribbon Banners
White paper embossed with snowflake folder
Sentiment- from stash
Snowflakes from stash

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Mo's Digital Pencil - #287 Something New!
Cards 4 Galz - #113 White and Blue
Craft Rocket Challenge - #66 Something New
Cute Card Thursday - #617 What's New?
Moving Along With The Times - #114 All Things New
Through the Purple Haze - #163 ATG
Cut It Up - #191 Snow Much Fun! (Must Use Dies)
Your Next Stamp - #130 Shades of Blue
Simply Create Too - Monochromatic
A Perfect Time To Craft - January ATG
Crafts Galore Encore - January ATG
Daisy Chain Challenges - #37 Wintertime
The Diva's that Cut - January New Things (Must Use Dies)
Sparkles Monthly Challenge - #124 Winter Blues






Thank you so much for stopping by!  I appreciate all of your comments!

Hugs,










28 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful story Chriss....I love memories from when children were young. Beautiful card, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priceless memories and such a precious card! LOVE!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful memory! I hope you send this card to your daughter along with her story. Your beautiful card perfectly captures that moment.

    Thanks for sharing your Snow Much Fun project with us at Cut it Up.

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love that sweet image!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and really love this cute image and great colouring-think that is when we appreciate/enjoy snow most when we are children lol
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beauty-the coloring is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute story Chriss! It's always good to have those fun moments in our lives! Your card is adorable! The image is super sweet!
    And to answer your question from my blog about a craft room - Well I don't know at this point, the house we're moving into doesn't have the space... but we are trying to figure that all out - I haven't moved yet - we are cleaning/fixing up the other place right now - lots to do before I can actually move into the place... :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your wonderful story Chriss - how precious. Loving your card that illustrates it so beautifully
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute. Love the image.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chriss this is gorgeous. Mo's images are all just the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute card! Thank you for playing with us at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute card!! Thanks for playing along our January challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such sweet and lovely memories and so is your card!! Great colouring! Love Mo's digi images, she has an enormous talent and her characters are always very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a delightful card. I love your description of your daughter's first snow. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about it. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our January "something new" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet card and a lovely memory behind it. Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Galz!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really cute card and a perfect image for your story; thanks for sharing!

    Thank you for joining us at Cut it Up for our Snow Much Fun
    challenge!

    Treva
    http://scrappint.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet card and a lovely story to go with it! Thanks for joining us at Cardz for Galz

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cool was that having a full Car diversion System best 6x9 speakers Through this I really makes the most of my ride each time uniquely while out and about with a few companions. So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello… Thanks for sharing your lovely Christmas card with ‘Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog’; it fits perfectly with our ‘All Things New’ challenge theme. Hope you can join us next month for our new challenge. Diane Louise (Team Leader) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is indeed a sweet card. I just love this little kid! Such an adorable smile.Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's such a joyful image on your lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful creation...Thank you for sharing with us over at Moving Along With the Times...Hope to see you again soon..

    Caz MAWTT DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a beautiful card for a wonderful memory. Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

    Kyla DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card, well done! Thanks for joining us Craft Rocket Challenge.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  25. So adorable! This is one of my favorite Mo images for winter! Thanks so much for joining us this month at Mo’s! Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  26. A lovely card and a lovely story. I can just picture Kai in my mind as your own Kelly on the sled in the snow for the first time. Thank you for joining in the fun at Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge with your beautiful card. Good luck! We hope to see you at our next challenge starting today! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

― Fred Rogers