INAS #75 Recycle

Good Morning,

I was very excited to see this challenge on International Art and Soul, Challenge #75 Recycle, because I saw these cute little snowmen made out of wine corks at a fair and wanted to try my hand at making one.  There are dozens of tutorials on Youtube that will tell you how to make these.


Isn't this fun?  The body is one wine cork, the head and hat is one wine cork cut in half. The brim of the hat is a piece of cork that I bought and the nose is a toothpick painted orange.  I just drew the eyes and mouth with a sharpie.

Here it is from the side.


Here it is up close:


I also saw some tutorials of wine corks made into car key holders with beads hanging down. Who knew there was so much you could do with a wine cork?  The ribbon is a prize from my friend Diana at DLART.

I am entering this project into the following challenges:

Christmas Crafts All Year Round - January -Anything Christmas or Holiday Related
Crafty Catz - ATG w/twist - Funny (I think he's kinda funny)
Crafty Fingers - #177 ATG
Cut it up - #191 Snow Much Fun
As You Like It Challenge - ATG



Thank you so much for stopping by!  Please go to International Art & Soul to see what my DT Sisters have created!

Hugs,

15 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...your cork snowman is just adorable, how cute and something I've never seen. Ideas....lots of ideas, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snowman is really cute. I wanted to make one and then thought 'what would I do with him when finished?' I wouldn't want to throw him away but I'v got too much 'stuff' in this house. Oh well, I'll have to give up on the idea. Thanks for showing us. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Cute! He is funny, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great fun idea and fab recycling too, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww this made me smile...what an adorable project!
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is adorable! what a fun gift idea or ornament for the holidays...

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea. Great recycling especially when you have to drink the wine in order to get the corks.! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever use for the cork, Chriss - love the wee snowman.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just the CUTEST my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool decoration piece, so cute!

    Thanks for sharing your creations with us at Creative Fingers & Welcome back!
    DT Tindaloo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your snowman is adorable! Love it. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the suggestion to enter in INAS chalelnge! It's done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. whoah this weblog is excellent i really like reading your articles. 경 마

    ReplyDelete

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

― Fred Rogers