Decorating for Halloween

Good Morning,

Saturday, my "pretend grandson" and some of his friends came over to our house to decorate the outside of my husband's garage for Halloween.

I wanted to thank them for coming so I made them little gifts.



For the girls I made witches hats that I got for FREE from Dreaming Tree, it is called Witch Hat Treat Cone and for the boys I made coffins that are also FREE from Dreaming Tree they are called Spooky Coffin.

I filled the hats with a candy necklace and candy ring.  I used DCWV Glitter Paper for the hat.



I filled the coffins with miniature candy:



I used DCWV Glitter paper for the moon and the shadow of the bats. The rest of the paper is from a paper pad called Pebbles "Spooky Boo!"   I bought the 12x12 pack from Amazon and I have used this paper the most while making Halloween stuff.  


Here are some photos of the young people that were kind enough to help us out:



We fed them dinner, hot dogs cooked on the fire and my husbands famous "Kick Ass" beans + chips and dessert.  We love having young people around.  We have found that the older we get the more patience we seem to have for them.

I am entering my treat holders into the following challenges:

Double Trouble Paper Crafting - #41 Batty Color Challenge
Crafting Happiness - #20 Halloween
Dragonfly Dreams - Use Black (A lot or a little)
Crafty Calendar - Autumn Colors/Halloween

The Crafter's Challenge - #229 Use a stencil and/or Halloween colors Purple, orange and black.
Creatalicious Challenges - 173 ATG with optional Autumn/Halloween



Thank you so much for stopping by, hope you are planning something fun for Halloween.

Hugs,



19 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all had a great time with the kids. The decorations in the yard are fabulous and fun - and so are the little treats you gave them. Love the hats AND the coffins! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! I am so happy that you had some helpers for decorating for Halloween. I'm sure they will love the treats you made. They are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice of them to help, that's really awesome, looks like a fun time for everyone. Great goody hats and coffins, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  4. These coffins are the cutest things ever!! Love this idea! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Crafter's Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous works!!!
    Seems that you have had a fabulous time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you all had a good time. I'm sure your pretend grandson and his friends loved the cute treats from you. I'm going to have to make some free svgs from the Dreaming Tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are brilliant love the little coffins
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. great photos and so gorgeous halloween projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are super cute, and my you must have a lot of grandchildren … what a big undertaking when you make for all and I'm sure they all enjoy them too. Love the outside decorating and looks like a fun time. Thanks for sharing again with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hats and coffins are truly spootackular. The decorations in front of the garage is a perfect display for Halloween. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the fun Halloween decor!! The hats are so cute!!
    Happy Halloween!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chriss more wonderful Halloween decorations. Looks like you had a fun time with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity at Crafting Happiness Challenge. Did you know you can see upcoming challenge themes in the sidebar? Check it out! Hope you'll share more of your projects.
    Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy
    Crafting Happiness Challenges
    Facebook Page for Pause Dream Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so original!!!!! Love the tomb boxes and the little witches hat!!! I bet the kids had a blast putting up all the decorations! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenge, we hope to see you again next time. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely Halloween decorations!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional autumn / Halloween” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    (DT Simply Create Too)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  17. How blessed you are to have these children in your life! The idea for the Halloween "favors" must have been a big hit - who doesn't love candy? Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble #41.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute! glad you had some awesome helpers to help you decorate!

    ReplyDelete

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

― Fred Rogers