Dragonfly Pop Up Card

Good Morning,

Did you check to see if you are a winner?  Did you e-mail me and receive a reply back? https://chrissandlou.blogspot.com/2019/09/winners-winners-winners.html

Today is my birthday!  Thanks to everyone who sent me birthday cards!  It's nice to get a birthday wish on facebook but it isn't the same as a snail mail card that I can hold, look at and keep forever.  My husband is taking me to see the play Cabaret and out to the Melting Pot for dinner.

My little sister recently had surgery so you know I had to make her a get well card.  I love Dragonflies.  I think they are my favorite bug.  We had a lot of them this summer.  I think (hope) they are lucky.

I found this really cute svg file on Dreaming Tree.  It is called Dragonfly Pop Up Card.  I bought the bundle which was called Captivating Cards.

Here is the outside, looks pretty but plain right?




But when you open it, this is what you find inside:



Isn't that cool?  It was so fun to make, I actually made two.

One of the things that I love about Dreaming Tree is that they always include a pretty envelope svg:



Here is the back of the card with the sentiment.  There is plenty of room to write a note to.  The stamp set is by Art Gone Wild - "Get Well" .


It says "Sending you healing wishes nestled in baskets of positive thoughts."

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Make My Monday - #104 Use Shapes on your Card
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - #30 (Must have a critter)
Crafts Galore Encore - #67 ATG
Happy Craft Challenge - ATG Optional Theme Spring


Now for a hard request.  My husband always says that if you don't ask, the answer will always be no....so I am asking.

Last Spring on a warm night, my nephew Michael was riding his motorcycle home from work.  He got into an accident, we aren't sure what happened.  There were no drugs or alcohol in his system.  Mike has a son and a daughter that was born last December.  Our family started a "Go Fund Me" page but the funds are starting to run out.  I have 777 followers, if each follower donated $10.00 that would make a huge difference.  I know not everyone can donate, but if you can please go HERE or try this link:  https://www.gofundme.com/f/taylor-family-medical-emergency?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet


  
If you can donate, I will love you forever!  If do decide to donate, would you please leave me a note saying that you are a bloggy friend?  Thanks.

Hugs,

13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Chriss enjoy your night out.
    Beautiful card, continued prayers for Michael and family,
    hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Chriss enjoy the play and dinner.Beautiful card but fabulous inside!!!Wishing a speedy recovery to your Sister and Nephew
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all - happy birthday!!!! Hope you have many many more!
    Love your stunning card. That dragonfly is awesome.
    Continued prayers for your nephew.
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful make thank you for joining in at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Chriss! Your Dragon fly card is fabulous! I love the inside. Your sister will love it.

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy, happy birthday, Chriss!! I hope you've had a wonderful celebration!! Your card for your sister is so beautiful!! I love the pop-up dragonfly and the colors!! Have a great b-day!! Saying prayers for your nephew. I wish I could've donated more. Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your donation Lisa! Every little bit helps!

      Delete
  7. Glad to hear you received some birthday cards :) - always lovely to have an unexpected card in your hand. Love that pop-up dragon fly - that's amazing!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Chriss! So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Hope to see more of your creations in the future.
    Crafty Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chriss this is gorgeous. That dragonfly is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at Happy craft challenge
    DT Priyadarshini
    https://simpleartcraft-tips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card. I love the pop up dragonfly. Thank you for entering into the Happy Craft Challenge.
    DT Monique Louise. https://monicreates.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

― Fred Rogers