A Winter Birthday Card

Hello Friends,

I am really in a wintry snowy mood.  We had snow last weekend and we are expecting more this weekend.  It is so pretty outside, the sky is blue, the sun is shining but there is snow on the ground.

I want to show you some photos that my friend Jennifer took of our neighborhood.  If you don't have snow or don't get any, grab a cup of coffee or tea and join me (I promise I will get to my card soon).


Here is the beach covered with snow.  Off in the distance you can see the Chesapeake Bay.


Here is the road leading down to the beach, isn't this a lovely photo?


This is the harbor, if you look at the water you will see the ducks, if you look at the sky you will see the geese flying overhead.  


Another shot of the harbor.

Now we get to my shaker card that was inspired by these photos.


I thought this would be perfect for a winter birthday.  The snowman flair is from DLART Store

Here is the inside of the card:



I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Daisy Chain Challenges - #26 Add Some Sparkle
Back to Basics - Challenge #19 - A Shaped Card
Ellibelle's Corner - Crafty Wednesday - January - Sparkle and Shine
The Sisterhood of Crafters - "Make it Sparkle"
My Time To Craft - #388 - Winter Birthday

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Hugs,


11 comments:

  1. What an adorable card!! I love the snow globe design!! We have quite a bit of snow, too and I'm ready for spring now. Not a fan of winter!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photos and so nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL photos (yes we are to get 'dumped' on heavily this weekend here in OHio). Your card is really cute and perfect for what's going on outside! Well done Chriss! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Make It Sparkle’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great shaker card for a winter birthday! And, wow, your friend's photos are gorgeous! You live in a lovely place! Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous shaker card and love the snow pics as long as it's there and not here lol.Thank you for joining us at Daisy Chain
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brrrr! I am wearing shorts and a t-shirt! 70 here in AZ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful snowy shots and adorable shaker card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a superb card... And love the photos of the snow.

    Thanks for joining us at Back to Basics and Beyond challenge blog .
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your shaker card is beautiful, and so perfect for this month's crafty wednesday challenge on my blog. Thank you so much for joining in!

    Fabulous snowy photos too, plenty on the ground right now here in IL as well. Looks so pretty, but what a pain it is to drive in this weather!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card, I love the snow glob shape and the shaker design! Thanks for joining us at Back to Basics and Beyond.
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely snow globe card. Thank you for taking part in the "My Time To Craft Challenge". DT Sam x

    ReplyDelete

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

― Fred Rogers