St. Patrick's Day Fairy

Good Morning,

How is everyone holding up?  I have been a wreck today.  Trying to put together this card, everything that could go wrong did!  I know it is just fear of the news all around us. We need to be brave and strong, try not to listen to too much news and keep ourselves busy.

We usually have some kind of St. Patrick's day party because my husband is Irish and we have the tradition of toasting our loved ones who have passed.  This year, I didn't plan anything, isn't that strange.  It almost feels like I knew something was coming.  The restaurants here in Maryland are closed.  Luckily, my hubby was able to get a small corned beef, cabbage, carrots and potatoes.  I have some bread machine Irish soda bread that I am going to make and all this cooking will be nice and distracting.

Anyway, here is my card:


The sweet fairy is called Green Clover and is from Ching Chou Kuik. She came partially colored, I chose to use that one because I am so busy.  I colored her with my copic markers.   I found a shamrock embossing folder years ago, I love it. I used two different dies, one is Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 17, the other is Lawn Fawn stitched circles.  The washi tape is from my stash as is the sentiment.  I used a small amount of green stickel to make her glitter.


I am entering this card into the following challenges:

A Bit More Time To Craft - #112 ATG
A Perfect Time To Craft - #3  - ATG
Daisy Chain Challenges - #39 Use Dies
CCC Digi Creations - #112 Embossing of any kind
Dies R Us - #141 Things with Wings
Ching - Chou Kuik - March "Easter or Floral"

Thank you so much for stopping by.  Please stay safe and let's keep our spirits up by crafting.

Hugs,





9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an enchanting image Chriss, and so beautifully used.
    Yes, the fear is real, even here in my small corner of the world, and people are panic buying! It's a bit scary when our total number of cases goes from 11 to 20 in 24 hours - thankfully no deaths! And all cases involve people who have been overseas.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card and colored image, beautiful, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful creation Chriss! Your coloring is fabulous and love the design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DIES R US
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a beautiful card, lovely dies, lovely colours and of course a gorgeous image!
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful monochrome card and image Chriss love the die-cut frames.All our schoolsrestaurants,pubs non essential shops are closed and expecting a total lock down tonight-I am not listening to the news hubby passes on bits but more stressed about not been able to see grandaughters for the forseeable future!
    Carol x
    Thank you for joining us at Daisy Chain
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chriss, what a lovely St Patrick's Day card you have made here which fits perfectly the Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Inspiration and Challenge Blog Monthly Challenge this month. Even more FANTASTIC is that you have used one of Ching-Chou Kuik's digital stamps. I am glad your husband managed to get his food for St Patrick's Day along with the soda bread you made. It is difficult times and you made the best of it. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw and for your support of this challenge blog. Kym (Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Blog Challenge and Facebook Challenge Design Team Leader)

    PS: With everything going on in the world with regard to the coronavirus, please stay safe and well

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, well done! Thanks for joining us at Daisy Chain Challenges.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

― Fred Rogers