Heard You Were Dragon

Good Morning,

I can't believe it is the last week of January!  Wow!  This month flew by! As a lot of you know, my nephew was in a very bad motorcycle accident last Spring, he is getting better very slowly, he is still in a rehab center, so I decided to make him a card. We had planned to take a weekend trip ride down to Tennessee, visit and then come back but my husband has the flu, so I don't know when we will do it.








I don't know if Mike can see my cards but each one that I make for him is a silent prayer.  I hope it cheers my sister Mary and her husband Jim.



I was hopping along on the blog hop with Jaded Blossom and I found this really cool Triangle Card Mat Die had to get it!  So this die is my "something new" I am using on my card



Isn't this cool?  I wanted to make the colors as bright as possible.  I used some two sided scrap paper to cut the triangles.  The Dragon is from My Favorite Things "Magical Dragons"  I have the stamps and the die cut set so cutting it out was easy peasy.  I also used a sentiment from that set "I Heard You Were DRAGON".  I colored the dragon with copic markers, I made the banner myself out of scrap paper.

Here is a close up of the Dragon:



I am entering this get well card into the following challenges:

Dragonfly Dreams - January ATG
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #124 5th Anniversary Celebration ATG
Gem of a Craft Challenge - Week 2 ATG
Allsorts Challenge - #556 Take Flight (do you think those bitty wings could fly?)
The fairy and the unicorn - January ATG with mythical
Sweet Stampin Challenge - Use Your Scraps
CAS on Sunday - #172 - Get Well
Brown Sugar Challenge - #297 ATG
Colour Crazy Craft - Week 3 ATG
Cut It Up - #192 Get Well Soon
Daring Cardmakers - Cheer Someone Up!
Aud Sentiments Challenge - ATG with Sentiment
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - January - New


Thank you so much for stopping by!  I appreciate all of your comments.









23 comments:

  1. So so sorry for your nephew! It's terrible when something destroys our usual lives. And those that ours loved.
    Hope that he could get better more quickly, and could see all your sweet cards too. This one is adorable and the sentiment is so moving, knowing the situation. I'm very impressed by the photos, too. Prayers for him and his family
    Hugs
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update and photo. I'm happy to hear that he is still doing well in moving forward with his healing. great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so sorry for your nephew’s accident and can appreciate that you send each one off with a prayer - that’s what I do with each card I mail as well. This is a great card and sure to lift the spirits!
    Rachelle - DT at Cut It Up! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope he will recover soon.
    so nice card you made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great new triangle die and love the cute Dragon.Good to hear your nephew is recovering albeit slowly and hope your hubby feels better soon -we have all had this bug absolutely rampant here should be classed as an epidemic-my two young grandaughters were soo ill for over a week and never got out of bed rang Dr as really high temperatures but receptionst actual words were Dr wouldn't waste an app on a virus good to know they are psychic !!!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so cute, loving the dragon and a really fun design.
    I'm sorry to hear about your nephew's accident last year. Hoping he makes a full recovery. The cards are such a nice thought and I'm sure very much appreciated!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chriss...Awesome card and continued healing prayers for your nephew and get well to your hubby, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful punny card Chriss - so sad to see your nephew so very damaged, but good to hear he is still progressing.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun creation for you Nephew, such lovely colours and sure your love will cheer him, many thanks for joining in with our 'Take Flight' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card for your nephew and I hope he finds his way back to full health soon, bless him.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card and I do like your dragon. Sweet as can be.
    Hope your nephew will recover.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet card! The sentiment is perfect. Prayers for your nephew's recovery and sister and family. Thanks for joining the Cut It Up, "Get Well Soon" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is adorable Chriss! I love that dragon and the fun new JB die you used! Super cute! I'm glad to hear your nephew is getting stronger! I know your family appreciates you sending them... The more hope and prayers he gets, will certainly help him in his recovery process! I'm sending prayers his way... :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a gorgeous card. I am sure this will help to keep everyone's spirits high during this difficult time.

    Thanks for playing along at Aud Sentiments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful image.Great coloring and card design...Thank you for joining us at A GEM OF A CHALLENGE,hope to see you again
    Željka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm very sorry about your nephew's accident and will keep him in my prayers. I love the picture of the two praying together... touches my heart! Keep praying over those cards and get them to him. I truly think your support will mean everything to him.

    Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous card with the cute dragon! Hope your nephew will recover completely! Thanks for playing along at CAS on Friday Challenges! Crafty hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a delightfully funny card. I love the geometric shapes. So sorry to hear about your nephew's accident, sending healing prayers his way.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx
    CRAFT DT
    Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Darling card and I know it will be appreciated - love the layout. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about your nephew and I think it's great that you try your best to be there for him and his parents. The cheerful card is great! You coloured the dragon so nicely and the colourful papers are very uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet card, I imagine it gave him some cheer.
    Just perfect for the Challenge! Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy. Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a horrible thing to have happened to your nephew. I'm sure he enjoys the cards and prayers you send him.

    This card is just so dear. Thanks for sharing your Get Well Soon project with us at Cut it Up.

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Colour Crazy Craft challenge Janet DT

    ReplyDelete

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

― Fred Rogers