Anniversary Card

Good Morning,

Yesterday was our 42nd Anniversary!  What is even more incredible than that is that my husband and I have been together for 45 years!  I met Matt when I was 16 and he was 18.  We instantly became best friends.  My dad asked me to wait until I turned 20 to get married so two weeks after I turned 20 we got hitched!  We have been through so much together, we even had times when we "fell out of love".  We have had to go to couples therapy twice but we have hung in there. After 42 years I can't imagine life without him.  I know that I could go on living if he was gone but I also know I don't want to.  I love him so much. Here is the card I made for him.



I know this is my 2nd day of posting Mo's Digital Pencil, but this digital stamp was just perfect!  One thing about having a happy marriage....it makes your butt get wide, LOL and mine is!

The sentiment stamp is a clear stamp set from Docerela Stamps, the dies are from Spellbinders, the paper is Basic Gray, the lace is from my stash and the brads are from Carta Bella "Autumn"

Here is the inside of the card:



The clear sentiment stamp I used is probably one of the very first stamp sets that I bought.  I can't remember where it came from, I think it is about 15 years old!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

DLART September Linky Challenge - ATG
The Cutie Pie Challenge - #139 Celebrations
Southern Girls Challenge - Tic, Tac, Toe - Die Cut, Stamp, Blue


Joy of Sets - Tic Tac Toe - #JOSTTT009 - Love, Lace and Die Cuts


Crafty Friends - #119 Special Occasion

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate all of your comments and would love to hear about that special someone in your life.  How did you meet?  How long have you been together?

Hugs
















16 comments:

  1. Super sweet card! I hope you had a lovely anniversary.

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card -great image and love the sentiment.Happy anniversary for yest it was my birthday yest too-we will have been married 50yrs in Dec and been together 52yrs -we met when I was 17 and John was 18 -had our ups and downs too but still together
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all - happy anniversary! This was the best post and the sweetest one ever. All marriages have ups and downs and I'm so glad y'all made it together. Hope you have a great anniversary!
    I know your husband will love this card too! Fantastic!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great testimony to your vows, Chriss, that you worked through the hard times. We made it to 43 years and 2 days before my dear hubby passed.. it was/is hard, but we do carry one, some days just one foot in front of the other.
    Love your fabulous card - that image is adorable and so beautifully coloured.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! Thank you for joining us at JOSTTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Anniversary Chriss, thats a great milestone congrats. Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  7. very lovely card and great coloring. thanks for playing along with us at JOSTTT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely anniversary card! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 42nd Anniversary!!! Your card and your words are so sweet!! I wish you and hubby all the best in the coming years together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an amazing anniversary card for your hubby! Lots of love in this card for sure. Thanks for joining the #JOSTTT009 challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many congratulations on your anniversary - I'm a bit behind celebrating 34 years this month - such an achievement for both of us. Such a great card too and thank you for sharing it with us at #JOSTTT009 - hope to see you again next month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy anniversary and thank you for joining in #josttt009 and sharing this beautifully touching card with us. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello… Thanks for sharing your anniversary card with us. It’s so lovely and fits perfectly with our ‘special occasion’ theme … Hope you both had lovely day celebrating your very special day. Good luck in the draw and please join us next time at Crafty Friends.
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a perfect stamp for the occasion - congratulations to you both!

    Thanks for sharing your card at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "special occasion” challenge over at Crafty Friends.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    (DT Simply Create Too)

    ReplyDelete

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

― Fred Rogers