Hostess Thank You Gift

Good Morning,

I have a little story to tell that I hope you will enjoy.  About 10 years ago, I was at a crop and the woman that was sitting at a table behind us was talking about her future son-in-law very loudly.  She was complaining that when he came to dinner, he never brought a hostess gift!  I thought "Lady if that is your only complaint, then you are truly blessed."  When I got home, I called my son who was single at the time to check and make sure he was bringing hostess gifts!  Of course he was, I think I learned from my mother-in-law never to go to a party empty handed.  I know most people bring a bottle of wine or some beer but I like to make my gifts.

I saw this free svg file from Dreaming Tree called Watermelon Snack Bowl and knew it would make a nice hostess gift.  Because everyone seems to be on some kind of diet these days and sugar is the enemy, I decided to fill my bowl with a chunk of watermelon soap.  I bought the soap from a shop on Etsy.  If you go there and put watermelon soap in the search, you will find hundreds to choose from.




Dreaming Tree has a Facebook page that is super friendly, we all help each other out. If you would like to check it out, go HERE . One of the gals on the site had this very clever idea of using tiny clothespins to hold the piece together until it dried.  I tried it and it worked really well.



As you can see in this photo, the rind and the seeds are made from glitter paper.  



Another great tip I got from the facebook page is to shred the left over scraps to make the filling.  My husband has a shredder in his office so it is easy peasy.




Here is my hostess gift all wrapped up and ready to go.  The ribbon and the tag were in my stash.  I will probably untie the bow and make it prettier before I give it away. I think this would make a cute 4th of July gift.

I would really like to encourage everyone to try one of these free files and see how you like making them.  They all come with a video tutorial and you can make them with Cricut Design Space, Silhouette Studio or Sure Cuts Alot.  Dreaming Tree has 100 free files!  Wow!  To check them out go HERE.

I am entering this Watermelon Snack Bowl into the following challenges:

DLART Thankful Thursday - #244 "Thank You"
Not Just Cards - June -ATG
Craft Rocket Challenges - #60 - June - Summer is Coming
Ellibelle's Corner - June/July  - Summer Scenes, Summer Treats or Summer Colors
Papercraft Challenges - #39 No Cards
Crafty Cardmakers - #236 Anything But a Card

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I appreciate all of your comments.

Hugs,




16 comments:

  1. A fabulous gift. Great idea.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! I bet that soap is awesome too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is super cute Chriss! Love the packaging and matching ribbon! The perfect hostess gift!!!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great idea for a gift love the box and the soap is just perfect-love it
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful gift this is!! I love the box!! It looks amazing!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chris! I see we have many of the same friends and I'm chasing you through the blog roll :) I thought I'd come take a closer look and WOW! What a cute CUTE project - this watermelon is just delicious! Very creative and fun! New follower so I can come by and peek at your work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, loving your gift box and the soap look lovely too. This is a great project for our theme at Crafty Cardmakers. Thanks for joining in, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, creative and a wonderful hostess gift!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing gift, it's a great idea and thanks for the tip about filling with pieces of scraps, I have a shredder too and I will use it! :D
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great treat gift I love watermelon.
    Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday "Thank you "
    Linky Challenge #244. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    https://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. A watermelon, how more summer can it be! Great creation! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket Challenges.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a perfect hostess gift! And your gift is perfect as well! Thank you for joining our "Anything But A Card" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers. Have a wonderful weekend and happy crafting, Maike ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. FabuliFa project!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful!Thanks for joining us at papercraft-challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea for a gift package. So perfect for summer!
    Thank you so much for joining in at Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday June/July challenge where it's all about "Summer Scenes, Summer Colors or Summer Treats"!

    ReplyDelete

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

― Fred Rogers