Acorn Fairy Boy

Good Morning,

Today I would like to show you a thank you card that I made using the digital stamp A Day for Daisies Acorn Fairy Boy.


Here is the inside:



I used the October sketch from Die Cuttin Divas.




Recipe for this card:

Sketch - Die Cuttin Divas
Digital Stamp - A Day for Daisies
Copic Markers
Dies - Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circles
Papers - From Stash
Sentiments - Raisin Boat "Flourishing Thoughts"

Challenges:

Die Cuttin Divas - Challenge #389 October's Sketch
Crafting By Designs - Oct 3rd-25th ATG
Crafty Gals Corner - #175 Fall
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Fall is in the Air
Unicorn Challenge - #37 Autumn or Halloween

This is usually where I say goodbye but I have a little to add.  It is okay if you don't want to read it, just skip ahead to the comments if you do grab a cup or coffee or tea and join me.  I was wondering why faeries and pixies have always been a "fall thing" for me.  As soon as fall is in the air, I want to color faeries with  acorn hats on their heads.  (if you go through the last few post, you will see I colored quite a few) It suddenly occurred to me that it might have something to do with Girl scouts, Brownies in Particular.  So I looked on Pinterest for images of the Brownie Handbook from the year I started Brownies and look!



Here is another image:

I used to run home from Catholic School (about a mile from my house) drop off my school books and then walk about another 1/2 mile to the public school to go to the Brownie Meetings.  During those walks I would let my imagination run free.  I would smell the crisp fall air and kick the colorful leaves under my feet and pretend that I could see fairies in the trees and "Brownie Pixies" hiding in the bushes.  There was a poster in the Brownie meeting room of  some Brownie Pixies wearing acorns as hats!  I also want to mention that I was probably six or seven when I did all of this walking.....no one worried that anything bad could happen.

Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,

8 comments:

  1. Adorable card! Love the image and your colouring! Beautiful design, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute image! Awesome creation! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Fall is in the Air’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, my friend!! I'm back from vacation and catching up on all I've missed!! What a beautiful card!! I love the sweet image and the colors!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely!
    Thanks for Joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card just shouts out 'it's fall'. Thank you so much for joining us over at Crafty Gals Corner challenge. Best of luck and hope to see you again soon. DT~Jana forrest

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card! I love the darling fairy!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Chriss which is perfect for autumn.

    ReplyDelete

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

― Fred Rogers