International Art & Soul #41

Good Morning,

I hope all of my friends in the US are enjoying their labor day weekend.  My hubby and I are still working on the remodel of our kitchen.  We did go out with our friends last night to have some Maryland crabs.  That was fun!

Challenge #41 is a little more challenging, you need to use a non-craft item on your project. This idea came from my design team sister Christina.

My project isn't that difficult to make but anyone who uses svg files will appreciate it.  Warning there are a lot of pictures so please grab a cup of coffee or tea cozy up and stay with me for awhile.


When cutting svg files, I have discovered that there are always teeny tiny pieces such as eyes, beaks etc.  I learned the hard way that these tiny pieces can get lost very easily.  I was working in the craft room one day with the door shut.  My little neighbor came over and opened the door, all of the little pieces when flying everywhere. So I made a little can to hold all the tiny pieces.


I used owl paper because owls are a big theme in my craft paper.  I used a short Pringles can that I cleaned first.  I measured the paper to fit the can, mod podged the back of the paper and attached it to the can and let it dry.

I attached an owl flair on to the plastic top.


Here is a project I am working on right now.  As you can see I put all of the beaks, claws, eyes and other tiny cuts into the owl can for safety.  I don't have to worry about losing them.


Thank you so much for stopping by!  Please go to International Art & Soul to see what my design team sisters have made and then play along with us!  I can't wait to see what you make!

I am entering this project into the following challenges:

As You Like It - Favorite Non-Card Project and Why
DLART September Linky Challenge


Hugs,

14 comments:

  1. Super cute project Chriss! LOVE the owl paper... So FUN!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous project. Love the beautiful owl paper.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and your container is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the owl paper and your Pringle tub looks great. I used Pringle tubs a few years ago to make Halloween gifts for the children calling at my house and they loved them. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely owl cannister. Great use of those Pringle tubs. Yum those crabs must of been delish, huh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good idea! I use a plastic tray I picked up in a charity shop for die cut bits, but that only works well if you're going to use the bits quickly. Your idea keeps them safe even if you have to leave for longer. Very decorative too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous up-cycling Chriss.I have a growing stack of Pringles cans awaiting their turn in my craft room!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So clever and gorgeous!! I love the design!! The owl paper is too cute!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea. The number of times I lose things in my crafting!!Cute owl paper too. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool, I like that you used one of the buttons from my store, very clever idea. What a great way to use a pringle can
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes SEPTEMBER 2018 Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    DIANA L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very cute. I like the button owl on the top to make a finial. Great idea to hold all those little pieces. I need something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great idea for keeping all those die cut bits safe and sound, I may just have to copy you and make one for myself lol. Gorgeous paper too :) Love and hugs xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

― Fred Rogers