Birthday Card for my sister

Good Morning,

Do you ever make a really special birthday card and then forget to mail it on time?  I do it all the time, don't know why.

This card is for my sister who is 11 months younger than me.  She is a wonderful lady and I am very proud of her.  Her birthday is August 25th, mine is September 11th.



This is an svg file from the  Dreaming Tree it is called Birthday Card.  I had some white glitter paper so I used that for the base of the card.  All the rest of the paper is from AC Cardstock, I used some Stickel glue to make parts of the card shiny.  I also used Glossy Accents on the balloons.  As usual, when I make a Silhouette project, I make two so that I can have one to keep for an unexpected card.


I love how the dreaming tree files alway have an envelope with them.  I use some lighter cardstock that I have had forever to make envelopes.



Here is the inside of the card.  I took the negative balloons from the envelope and put them on the inside of the card.  The sentiment is from a clear stamp set called MSE ( my sentiments exactly) 

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

DLART - Birthday Giveaway

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I appreciate all of your comments!

Hugs,



11 comments:

  1. Brilliant birthday card and love that birthday cake!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very special and different card, so bold and colourful!! So beautiful! Happy Birthday to your sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, Chriss!! I love the fun cake!! Happy birthday to your sister!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I am sure your sister will also. Nice colors you chose
    Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge #246 “Birthday”. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card Chriss - love the black background with the soft pastels on it. The envelope is the perfect pal .
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Birthday card love the svg you used, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card and I love that matching envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a FUN & Sweet Birthday card! Your sister will just love this - I totally love the shape and cake!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snap
    To it being my Sisters birthday the beginning of September too. Card you have made is colourful and cute. Hugs
    Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chriss, that is a beautiful birthday card. I do that ALL the TIME!!! I make them far in advance then I think in my mind "It's done", and I forget to mail them. Then I don't think people believe me that I really had it made and done. It is so embarrassing, so I feel you.

    ReplyDelete

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

― Fred Rogers