INAS Challenge #34

Good Morning,

Sorry I have been away for so long.  As some of you know, I have been dealing with an infection in my jaw since February.  I am finally having surgery this Thursday, I hope it will resolve the problem.

Today is Challenge #34 at International Art & Soul.  The challenge is - Nothing square or oblong.  I had my eye on an svg file of a sea shell with a pop up mermaid inside, I wanted to make for my sister for her birthday.  This challenge came along at exactly the right time, her birthday is tomorrow!

Here is the outside of the card:  Do you see the bow at the bottom of the card?  The card ties shut.



Here is the inside pop up:



I want to show you a close up of the mermaid because almost everything is made with glitter paper:


Isn't that fun?  I can't get the pink to show up very well, but the tail is pink.

Recipe for this card:

SVG file -  Silhouette - Mermaid Splash Pop Up Card
Paper - Bazzill and DCWV Cardstock Stack - Glitzy Glitter
Sentiment - Cardz TV - "Bigger Everyday Sayings"
Bow - DLART - Baby Blue
Pearls - From Stash

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

DLART Thankful Thursday Challenge - #228 Birthday
Cardz TV - Challenge #49 ATG
Aud Sentiments - #204 Summer + Sentiment


Thank you so much for stopping by!  I have been thinking of having a giveaway, if the surgery knocks me out of crafting for awhile, I may give something away, so be sure to check back with me.  

Please stop by International Art & Soul to see what my design team sisters have created!  Hope you will join in the fun!

Hugs,

11 comments:

  1. Your card is super and I bet your sister loved it. I hope you're soon fit and well and pain free. Keep crafting to take your mind off it. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a fabulous design!

    Hope you're back to feeling well very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love, love it!! The sparkly mermaid is so gorgeous and I love the design!! I hope all goes well with the surgery my friend. Praying for you and I hope it fixes the problem and you feel much better soon. Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness, Chriss, I am so sorry to read about your jaw infection and upcoming surgery. I have not been blogging lately so I did not know anything was wrong. I hope your procedure is successful and that you heal quickly. Your mermaid card is gorgeous! I love the shell shape and the beautiful surprise on the inside! Sending healing hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super svg file Chriss, all the elements working so well together both inside and out. I bet you sister really loves this for her birthday and is sure to keep it in her treasure box for many years to come :) :) :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I don't think I've ever seen a seashell shaped card before. It's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, how pretty.. Love the front and the popped up inside.. beautiful design and I know your sister will just adore it.. Praying your surgery goes well and you heal quickly! HUGS!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Your sister will absolutely LOVE it!
    I pray that everything goes well. Sending my love, hugs & prayers...
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M


    ReplyDelete
  9. What a totally fun card! Love how the inside makes the card. Thanks for joining in at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card love the design
    Thx for joning Aud Sentiments Challenge

    ReplyDelete

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

― Fred Rogers