Skittles Winner & A Watermelon Box

Hello Friends,

My good buddy Rhonda at Scrap Happens is having a challenge on her blog.  The prize is one of her fantastic albums.  If you have never won one of Rhonda's albums, get over there and take a look.  This gal is amazing!  I have been lucky enough to win several times and she made me an album for my birthday last year that I just treasure.  So I had to make something for this challenge.  The theme is "Fourth of July, Summertime".  When I was a child growing up, I remember having watermelon on the 4th of July.  It seems to me like we always had it.  When I married and told my husband we had to have watermelon on the 4th, he looked at me like I was crazy.  Do you have watermelon on the 4th of July?  Do you have some other family tradition that just has to happen on the 4th?

I decided for the challenge to make this cute watermelon box from SVG Cuts.  It is from the Fruity Fiesta SVG Kit.  I have to admit, I struggled a little to get this put together, but I think it is good for my aging brain cells to struggle sometimes.



Of course I had to add some "watermelon skittles" look at how they reflect the light, so pretty.

I had some watermelon paper so I used that to line the inside of the box.




I don't know why my pictures turned out kinda shadowy, sorry.

Recipe for box
SVG Cuts - Watermelon Box
Cameo Silhouette Machine
Paper - Bazzill Cardstock & Reflections All Seasons Cardstock
Skittles - http://doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com/
Flower from stash

Challenges
http://scraphappenswithrhonda.blogspot.com/ - Fourth of July/Summertime
http://cameocreationschallenge.blogspot.com/ - Cameo Creations 4th of July
http://www.craftindesertdivas.com/search/label/Linky%20Party - On The Farm (they grow watermelon on the farm right?)
http://partytimetuesdays.blogspot.com/ -PTT #126 Anything Goes 

And now for our Skittles winner chosen by Mr. Random.org...it is....Sherrie K!  Congrats Sherrie K!  Thank you everyone who entered and please come back, I am going to have another contest very soon!

Hugs,

11 comments:

  1. thanks chriss for entering into my challenge your watermelon box is so cute. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely adorable!! Love it!! Congrats, Sherrie!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the watermelon:) congrats to Sherrie!
    cathyplus5

    ReplyDelete
  4. We always have watermelon on the 4th! Yours looks super yummy! I love how you added the skittles and the sweet rosette! Congrats Sherrie! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Watermelon and congratulations to Sheri K!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom LOVES to have Watermelon..I am not a fan of that fruit...
    I am more of a Mango, Melon, or Pineapple.
    I think you did a GREAT job on the Treat Box and a FUN way for you to use the fun skittles..
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute!!!
    Thank you for linking up with us for Tara's linky party at Craftin Desert Diva's We hope that you will join us again for the next linky party!

    Robin
    Cut One Designs by Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh Chriss, your watermelonn is awesome! love the fun rosette and the skittles are awesome! Super fun project!!
    oooh wow...skittles....yeah! I love Carri's skittles! So fun to add to proojects:) Thanks so much Chriss! I am off to email you!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

― Fred Rogers