Just Some Lines-Holiday Creations ABC

Good Morning,

Matthew 19:14 Jesus said, "let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these."

I know that we are all just reeling from the horrible tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School.  I think about my little 5 and 6 year old Daisy Girl Scout Troop and how much I love each of them and it just breaks my heart that someone could unleash such violence on such innocent children.

Today is my Design Team Day over at http://justsomelinesblog.blogspot.com/ we had to postpone it from Saturday because we were so upset.  So the theme for the next two weeks is Holiday Creations ABC.  I started working on that project but had to set it aside.  Instead I made this card to send to Sandy Hook.  I just felt I had to do something to let them know that my husband and I share in their sorrow.


Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you can find some peace & joy during this Holiday Season.  Look around and maybe do something for a child in your neighborhood, even if you just make then a card and send it to them from "their secret pal" little children love that.



Hugs,

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty with a perfect sentiment!

    Happy Holidays,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris this is a lovely card. Great colour choices.
    Yes we here in South Africa are also strugling to get to terms with the tragic event.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog} {Doing Life 400 Follower Give Away}

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful, Chriss. You are so sweet to do this...what an unspeakable tragedy. It breaks my heart to read the stories of those innocent children. I hope you are doing well my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a Sweet,lovely and wonderful card!!My heart breaks as well..:(
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Chriss & how thoughtful to send it off to Sandy Hook. I can't fathom the agony of the parents of those adorable little souls!
    Hugs, Renee

    ReplyDelete


"When the trees their summer splendor
Change to raiment red and gold,
When the summer moon turns mellow,
And the nights are getting cold;
When the squirrels hide their acorns,
And the woodchucks disappear;
Then we know that it is autumn,
Loveliest season of the year."
- Carol L. Riser, Autumn