Fresh Brewed Designs Gift Girl

Hello,

Ever go to create something and everything goes wrong?  Well, that is what happened to me tonight.  I wanted to make a birthday card for my sister Cathy.  She is 11 months younger than me.  When you have 13 brothers and sisters, these things happen...sigh...anyway, I also wanted to enter the Fresh Brewed Weekly Challenge at http://freshbreweddesigns.blogspot.com/  I knew that the challenge was use a rubber stamp, I have known that all week, but I have been very busy.  So I went to the blog tonight and saw that I had 3 hours and 27 minutes until the challenge closed...yikes!  I have HUNDREDS maybe MILLIONS of Fresh Brewed Designs Rubber Stamps, so my biggest problem was picking just one.  I decided on Gift Girl I love this stamp because you can use her for Christmas, Birthdays, Baby Showers, Bridal Showers, she works for a lot of occasions!  I decided to see what kind of card I could make with my new Cameo Silhouette and found a birthday cake shaped card.  So far, so good.  Got out my black stamp and stamped the image.  Started to color it and the ink ran!  That never happens with digital stamps.  Okay, different ink.  Got the stamp colored, got everything glued on the card....um...on the back of the card!  Agggghhhh!  So here is my card for my sweet, darling sister.  I hope she likes it.  Can you tell that's a cake?  I had to photograph it lying down because it would not stand up.


I am going to bed!  My friend Trish (we have been friends since elementary school) is coming over tomorrow so I know it is going to be a good day!  I hope that all of you have a wonderful day too!

Hugs!

8 comments:

  1. Chriss this is just beautiful. Love everything about it. All the elements work so well together. Hope you are having a fab Wednesday.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Doing Life
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely shape and have fun with your friend
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart! I SOOO know that feeling when it seems EVERYTHING is going wrong. But, your efforts definitely weren't in vain; your card turned out perfect! I'm sure she will love it. Even more importantly, she has a sister who she knows loves her very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely adorable, Chriss!! You can definitely tell it is a cake on a stand!! And that digi is so sweet!! Your sister will love it :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a day like my last week has been. You would never know so many things went wrong. The card is too cute. She will love it.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shape of your design hun!! I think it's very sweet and she'll love it! :) Hope you have fun with your friend!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shaped card is amazing!! The digi is super cute! Great job!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

― Fred Rogers