Fresh Brewed Designs Weekly Challenge Red, Teal & Yellow

Good Morning!

Today I would like to show you a card I made for my hubby and also  Fresh Brewed Designs Weekly Challenge.  As some of you know, my husband is a traveling salesman.  I used to envy him this job.  Especially when my children were teenagers.  It seemed that the minute he left on a trip, they would start acting up and giving me trouble.  My husband would return home, so happy to be home and the minute he walked in the door, he would have to see my grumpy miserable face and the children's miserable faces.  Or worse, he would call on the phone and have to listen to all the arguments and troubles that we were having.  I would say to him "you don't know what it is like, you have it made, you have your room cleaned for you, your meals cooked for you, I am here alone with these kids AND I work a full time job!"  He would just sigh and apologize to me....poor man!  Then when the kids got older, I started to have the opportunity to travel with him.  It is a VERY lonely life!  It is so lonely!  I never realized how lonely it is to eat by yourself, sleep by yourself, wake up in a strange hotel room.  Have nothing to do at the end of the day but watch TV and call your wife on the phone.  Oh I am so ashamed of the way I used to treat that man!  I was a bad wife!

Well, I have totally changed my ways!  When he travels now and calls me (we just started skyping- it's wonderful) the only news he hears for home is pleasant news!  And when he comes home, I greet him with the biggest smile and....well...never mind.....let's just say I make him happy to come home!  Another thing that I do is tuck cards into his luggage so he has something to open from home.  He LOVES my cards!  He sets them up in his hotel room and he says it makes him feel like home.

Here is a card I made for him using a Rubbah (as Heather would say) stamp from Fresh Brewed Designs, it is actually called Hello Girlfriend, but we won't tell Matt that.  I just got it in the mail from Heather two days ago.


Do you see the sentiment?  It says - "I like the way your voice sounds, it's like a secret password to my heart" and oh that is so true!  So how do you like Yellow, Red & Teal together?  It looks pretty cool doesn't it?  Go play with the Design Team over at Fresh Brewed Design they are always up to something over there and you can bet you will have fun!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Hugs,

Challenges - Fresh Brewed Designs - Red, Teal & Yellow
Paper Playtime Challenge #77- Say It With Sentiment -  http://www.paperplaytime.blogspot.com/2012/06/ch-77-say-it-with-sentiments-anything.html
 http://pausedreamenjoychallenges.blogspot.com/ - Challenge #25 3 Things

11 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and so creative. Love everything about it.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors together you did a great job. Beautiful card.
    Hugs
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LAUGHED OUT LOUD reading your post. that is SO ME! I made my husband come read it so he would know he is NOT ALONE! When I am here weeks on end with the kids and homeschooling and driving to dance and doing all that I do, I sometimes lose it. I turn into a screaming spitting monster and end up praying for forgiveness at the end of the day. My hubby calls and is always happy. Comes home happy. and I am like the grinch :) HA! (not all of the time, I have gotten better over the years :D) But when he would go to work and leave me with the screaming babies .... toddlers .. kids- and then go to work I was jealous to an extent. An hour of no screaming and fighting... what would I do with myself :). Then he would go with his coworkers to lunch VERY RARELY and I would give him such a hard time about it. He would be able to take karate classes after work 2 days a week and I was eaten alive by the green eyed monster. All in all, I have come to realize I have EVERYTHING I ever prayed for. I always prayed that before Jesus returned that I would have a wonderful loving husband (check) get to see and hold and love my babies (check) and to stay home with them and be a mom (check) so I have learned to get over myself. Count my blessings daily and even the days when it seems like I could go crazy ... at least my blessings are here to drive me crazy ;) and God is so good.


    THANK you for this post. You made me smile, laugh, cry and praise God all at the same time.

    Your card is GORGEOUS!!! I love it! So happy you got your new stamps and are enjoying them. LOVE the sentiment and am so happy that you like this happy color combo I chose.

    BIG HUGS!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges!

    Heather D.
    www.freshbreweddesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so good! I love everything about it. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis P.S. If you haven't already, you may want to check out my other challenge blog Pause Dream Enjoy Ch#25: 3 Things. http://pausedreamenjoychallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chriss, this is wonderful!!! Love the colors, sentiment,and everything else!
    I know your husband is going to love it too!
    I just image it really would get lonesome having to travel like that all the time. I'm sure your cards always make him feel better.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Chriss!! I love the color combo and the image is fabulous!! What an awesome card for your hubby...the sentiment is so sweet :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such GREAT colors, a GREAT image, and a GREAT sentiment!! I love it!! :)

    Thanks so much for joining the FUN at Paper Playtime this week!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah! So glad you added this to PDE Challenges! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chriss! Your card is absolutely gorgeous and I really love the sentiment! I love that you used this stamp to make a perfect "MAN" card! Your husband will love getting this very special card from you! I really enjoyed reading your nice post. ;-)
    Thank you for joining us at Freshly Brewed Challenges!
    Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

― Fred Rogers