For My Sister Joanne

For the Relay for Life Card Challenge Two Click HERE

Hello Ladies,

Sorry I am so late posting today, my internet was down all morning.  Today I want to show you a little digi I found somewhere on the net and as soon as I saw it, memories of my dear sister Joanne came flooding back to me.  My sister Joanne was 7 years older than me and she taught me to read when I was about 4 years old.  We used to "play school" she was the teacher, I was the student, she was so good at it that I learned reading and basic arithmetic before I ever started school.  When she was an adult she became a kindergarden teacher and taught many children how to read.  Most of my memories of my sister are of her with a child on her lap and a book in her hands.  So this is for you Joanne on the 10th anniversary of your passing.  I am older than you now.  I miss you, I love you.  You live in my heart.  

  Thank you for stopping by today.

Hugs

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful post and a lovely card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, touching tribute to your sister, Chriss. Sending you lots of comforting hugs my sweet friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special post Chriss...your card is super sweet and nice job on your coloring. Take care and sending hugs to you my friend:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card and such a touching tribute to your sister! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful memories and beautiful card. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Chriss, what a beautiful post....you brought tears to my eyes!
    ((Hugs)))
    Renee

    ReplyDelete


"When the trees their summer splendor
Change to raiment red and gold,
When the summer moon turns mellow,
And the nights are getting cold;
When the squirrels hide their acorns,
And the woodchucks disappear;
Then we know that it is autumn,
Loveliest season of the year."
- Carol L. Riser, Autumn